Dates Milkshake

Saturday I had to go to my company picnic which was a beach party. Had lots of fun playing beach volleyball and came home tired. Wanted to have something cold and decided to make a milkshake. I had mangoes, banana and apple at home but wanted to try something new. Long time ago a friend of mine had introduced me to Dates milkshake and I loved it. Hence I decided to it and have it chilled. It was very refreshing.
Dates Milkshake




Ingredients:

Dates (pitted and chopped) – ¾ cup
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – as needed
Cream – 2 tbsp

Method:

Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan. Add chopped dates and let it come to boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 10min. Switch off the heat and let it cool. Grind the milk mixture in a blender, adding sugar (as needed) and cream. Chill and serve.

Variations: Finely chopped nuts can be added just before serving along with a dollop of fresh cream.

Comments

Deepz said…
thanks vidya. do let me know how it turned up.
Anonymous said…
hey super di..by subarna
Kribha said…
Hi Deepz,
My mom used to make this often.Your pictures brought me back those memories. I absolutely love it. Thanks for posting the recipe. will try it soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Green Blog Project - Summer 2007

Arachu vitta sambar, Kovakkai (tindora) varuval, Podalangai (padval) poriyal

Adai and pudina chutney