Mutton(Goat meat) Fry

I have been trying to post an entry for a long time now but work, travel, family and other things have kept me really busy. My parents are visiting and I am trying to show them around as much as possible in the short 2 months that they are staying with me. Also with my mom around I hardly cook these days. Coming back home to a scrumptious home cooked meal is such a blessing. But since I have never cooked for my parents in the past I am trying to cook once in a while for them. I made this dish the day they arrived and they both seemed to like it.This is my second recipe with mutton. This is different from the suka varuval(dry fry) as it is a curry dish which can be served with any rice dish or chapathi.

Ingredients:

Mutton (cut into small pieces) - 500gms
Onion (chopped) - 2
Tomato (chopped) - 3
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Saunf (fennel) seeds - 2 tsp
Jeera (cumin) seeds - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Salt - as needed
Oil - 3 tbsp

Method:

Pressure cook mutton with turmeric, saunf, jeera and a little salt for about 8 whistles. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown. Add chopped tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and fry till the tomatoes turn mushy. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, curry leaves and cooked mutton along with the water in which it was cooked. More salt can be added according to taste. At this point either this whole mixture can be pressure cooked for one whistle or continue cooking in medium heat till most of the water evaporates and it reaches a thick curry consistency. Serve with rice, pulao, biriyani or roti or paratha.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So that's where you've been! Have a great time with your parents!

Where do you buy your mutton? This dish looks mighty yummy!
Unknown said…
Looks very Yummy and delicious!!!
Srivalli said…
the dish looks very nice...thanks

Srivalli
www.cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Hi,
ths dish looks very good and the mutton looks very fresh.
Anonymous said…
Hmmmmmm, looks yummy Deepz :-) U've a gud blog. Have added u in my blogroll. And will keep dropping by.

www.monaafzal.wordpress.com
Deepz said…
Thanks Manisha. I buy mutton at Haat bazaar in Aurora. They have fresh mutton on Thursdays.

Thanks Cinnamon, Srivalli, Ramya and Mona.

Popular posts from this blog

Green Blog Project - Summer 2007

Arachu vitta sambar, Kovakkai (tindora) varuval, Podalangai (padval) poriyal

Adai and pudina chutney