White Chocolate - Cranberry Fudge

Here is my first entry to the JFI-Chocolate event. I've never made a dish for any other event this fast. Now I am sure you guys will accept that I am obsessed with chocolate.

My boss usually brings us some treats during the holiday season and last year he brought this fudge. They tasted wonderful and my husband and I liked it a lot. I've been bugging him ever since for the recipe. Unfortunately his wife misplaced the recipe. I decided to Google for the recipe and found the one I liked, here.


I omitted the nuts as the one I tasted last year was without the nuts. This tasted exactly like the one my boss brought last year and this year I packed some for him, as a pre-Christmas treat. It is a very easy no bake recipe and takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 2 hours to set. The fudge was chewy and soft and the cranberries complemented the white chocolate perfectly.

Ingredients:

White Baking Chocolate (chopped into smaller pieces) - 12 0z
Sweetened condensed milk - 2/3 cup
Cranberries - 1 cup
Butter - 1 tsp


Method:

Line a 8x8x2 inch pan with aluminium foil (with some extra foil hanging on the sides) and grease it with butter. Microwave the chocolate along with the condensed milk for about 1-2 mins, checking and stirring in between. Once all of the chocolate melts, mix in the cranberries and stir well. Pour into the greased pan and let it cool for about 2hrs in the fridge. Since its pretty cold here, I left it out for 1 hr and refrigerated it for 30min. Once its set, remove the fudge from the pan by lifting using the foil. Cut it into 1 inch cubes, remove the foil and store in an airtight container. If in warn places then its best to refridgerate it.

Comments

bee said…
what a great choice chocolate is for JFI!!! love your fudge.
Unknown said…
Hey Deepz Like the combo of white chocolate and cranberry lovely fudge. Great start for JFI.
Raks said…
Lovely fudge!!
Bindiya said…
Heyyyy, this looks delicious and so easy too, Why don't you send it over to me too , for "my fav things" event, I would be delighted!
Pravs said…
Fudge looks delightful & yummy.
Linda said…
Oh my goodness that looks great! :)
Deepz said…
Bee: Thanks.

Madhu: Yes the combination is perfect as they compliment each other well (sweet chocolate and tart cranberries).

Raks kithcen: Thanks.

Bindiya: Thanks. Will definitely send it across to your event.

Pravs & Linda: Thanks.
amna said…
white chocolate and cranberries? lovely!
Kribha said…
I dream in chocolate. Your recipe is too good that I have to try it. Very nice presentation too. I'm drooling already.
Deepz said…
Thanks Nags and Kribha.
Namratha said…
Looks gorgeous Deepz, can't wait to try it. I had no idea u were hosting JFI, till I saw Happy's post and her submission. Will send in mine shortly. :)
Deepz said…
Thanks Namritha. Will wait for your entry.
Pelicano said…
Looks quite tasty, and easy as well- definitely a keeper of a recipe!
Anonymous said…
Please suggest an alternative for cranberries.
Anonymous said…
alternative: blueberries?

Popular posts from this blog

Green Blog Project - Summer 2007

Arachu vitta sambar, Kovakkai (tindora) varuval, Podalangai (padval) poriyal

Adai and pudina chutney