Fish fry

Last night I had some leftover sambar. Just wanted to make something spicy to go with it and hence decided to make fish fry. I always play it safe when it comes to fish. I either buy tilapia or catfish as I live in an inland area where most fishes come from the coast but are not fresh. Both tilapia and catfish are farm raised here in Colorado so they taste a little fresh.

Ingredients:

Cat Fish fillet (cut) - 8 pieces
Chilli powder - 2 tbsp (can be increased if needed)
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Shaan fish masala - 1 tbsp (any other brand can also be used)
Lime juice - 1/2 a lime
Salt - as needed
Oil - 4 tspn

Method:

Mix all the above ingredients with the lime juice and marinate fish in this mix for 30-60min. A little vinegar can be added, either instead or in addition to the lime juice, if you like the fish to be a little sour. This fish can be deep fried, shallow fried, baked or grilled. I like mine a litte crispy so decided to shallow fry it in a pan.

Note: I just read an artice on msn that mentioned, that fish should not be marinated more than 60 minutes, as the marianting mixture starts to break down the protein in the fish.

Comments

Ejey said…
I always love to have fish...I love fried fishes always especially the Sardine Fish...King Fish is one of my favourite fish....Yummy....Thanks for this nice recipe..

Popular posts from this blog

Green Blog Project - Summer 2007

Arachu vitta sambar, Kovakkai (tindora) varuval, Podalangai (padval) poriyal

Adai and pudina chutney