Mango Panna cotta

Mango is my all time favorite fruit. It sucks to not get good Indian mangoes here. I usually satisfy myself with the Mexican ones that are available, which are OK in comparison. So for the AFAM Mango event hosted by Deepa of Recipes N More, I decided to try a new dish with mangoes. I got my inspiration from here.


Ingredients:

Cream - 2 cups
Mango pulp - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/c cup (can be changed according to taste)
Gelatin powder - 3 tsp
Water - 3 tbsp

Method:

Mix gelatin to water and microwave for about 2min. Stir well till you get a clear liquid and let is rest. Heat cream on the stove top for about 5min. Add the mango pulp and heat for about 2min. Remove from heat and add the gelatin liquid. Mix well and pour into individual cups and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hrs. When ready to serve dip the cup in a bowl of warm water and invert over a serving plate. Decorate with more pulp and freshly cut mangoes.

Comments

Suganya said…
Hay this is looking great. Nice pictures..Excellent mango recipe...
Aruna said…
mango pancotta would be out of the world I guess :-) Thx for sharing.

www.themistressofspices.wordpress.com
ME said…
Does it taste like jelly?
Your photos continue to be amazing!
Anonymous said…
u forgot to specify the amount of gelatin..........
Deepz said…
Thanks Sukanya and Aruna.

Meera: It tastes more like caramel custard or pudding.

Thanks Anonymous I have updated the post now.
TBC said…
That looks so good & seems pretty simple to make too! Nice pic!
Kribha said…
Never tried this before. Lovely presentation. I'm sorry for not being in touch for a long time. My computer crashed long back and I had all your items bookmarked in that. After that I forgot to search you. Now after 9 months of blogging it just occured that a simple right click on your comment would lead me to you. How dumb of me to figure this so late?
Anyway, I'm happy to have found you again. will be in touch.
Deepz said…
Thanks tbc.

Thanka a lot kribha. I am glad you have found me. Will look forward to your wonderful comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Green Blog Project - Summer 2007

Arachu vitta sambar, Kovakkai (tindora) varuval, Podalangai (padval) poriyal

Adai and pudina chutney