Friday, May 18, 2007

Spinach Dip - GBP Entry 1

I usually use spinach for making traditional Indian dishes like spinach-dal, palak paneer, spinach sabzi and spinach kootu or for a simple salad. This time wanted to try something different with the spinach I grew in my backyard.


After a long search on the net I found something that I like here.

Decided to play a bit with the ingredients (read to manage with ingredients I had at hand) and the final dip turned out to be light, creamy and delicious. This will be my first entry to the Green Blog Project - Summer 2007 event.

Ingredients:

Garlic (roughly chopped) - 1
Spinach (roughly chopped)- 5 oz
Pearl Onion (roughly chopped) - 1
Spring onions (roughly chopped) - 3
Coriander (roughly chopped) - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
sour cream - 4 oz
Pepper powder (Freshly Ground) - 1/2 tsp
Coarse salt - as needed
Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Method:

Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic, pearl onion and spring onions. Fry for 5 min and then add chopped spinach and coriander. Fry for 3 min till the leaves wilt and then let it cool. Blend this along with sour cream, pepper and salt and serve the dip with fresh veggies and bread.




I served mine with baby carrots, celery sticks, broccoli, cucumber and tomato toasts.


2 comments:

trupti said...

I love Spinach dip with some Crusty bread....its so good! your dip looks lovely...!

Deepz said...

Thanks Trupti.