Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Vinayagar Chathurthi

We usually dont celebrate vinayagar chathurthi at home, but this year I decided to prepare something for it. After searching all over the net I found the recipe for kozhukattai here and tried it. The only change I made to the recipe is I added only 3/4 cup of jaggery for the filling and it was sweet enough for me. It turned out really good and wanted to share some pics with you guys.



Coconut-Jaggery Pooranam (filling)




Dough for outer cover




Making the Kozhukattai's




The first batch after steaming




Ready to eat





Wishing you all a happy Vinayagar Chathurthi

5 comments:

Sreelu said...

Deepz, I made this first time too today, Came out well.Your's look delicious too

Padmaja said...

hey Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to u as well!Hpe u have an amazing time with family n friends

Cinnamon said...

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi...The modaks are lovely!!

Sharmi said...

Wish you the same! lovely modaks. I too made them:)

Deepz said...

Thanks Sreelu, Padmaja, Cinnamon & Sharmi.